Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our Kids On Ice

So I've dubbed this week...the week of calm. I'm going to be calm, Jay's going to be calm, my family and friends will be calm and Dr. Patel will be calm. One big happy calm family! In other words we have our frozen embryo transfer this week and I'm trying to keep myself from going crazy with the anticipation. :) I had a manicure and pedicure yesterday. I have a massage today and I'm planning on having some time with a good friend pool-side tomorrow. So all in all I am feeling very calm!

I had my last Weight Watchers meeting today (hopefully I won't be allowed to go for the next 10 months if we have the outcome we are hoping for!) and have officially lost 33 pounds since March 1, 2012! A huge accomplishment for me! :) I feel like I've done the work I needed to do to get my body in a much better place for this procedure. I'm not saying the work is over. There is still plenty of weight that needs to come off, but for the time being, I'm proud of what I've done.

Dr. Patel and I have this ongoing joke about Disneyland. That's the way he always remembers me and every time I see him he asks if/when I'm going back to Disneyland. Last week when he opened the door to see me, the nurse said, "Oh here's the Disneyland patient." And Dr. Patel said, "No this is now the weight loss patient." I was thrilled and again given a new sense of hope that this weight loss give us an even better edge as we approach the transfer.

Jay has been great, especially now that he has to give me shots in the backside every morning. This are Progesterone in Oil and because it's so thick they are not super pleasant. But Jay is awesome about them and apologizes the whole time because he hates that he has to do something that hurts me! :) That is the only shot I have to do right now and I have to take pills three times a day. So meds are a breeze this time around. Nothing like the retrieval in the fall! :)

Other than that we are crossing things off the house to-do list like no body's business!! We were approved through Desert Lab Rescue to adopt a lab dog. We have a few that we like from their "dog"-alog (instead of catalog!) and we are setting up times to meet them. We really like Cody, who we met last weekend at our home visit. He is a 6 month old black lab and had lots of energy! He was absolutely adorable and we kind of feel in love with him. But we are taking some time to get through this week first and decide if we want a dog that young or if we want one around 1 or 2. We also really loved a chocolate lab named Molly, but her foster home is in Tucson so that makes a visit kind of difficult. :( We are really looking forward to having a dog again and enjoyed the short time with Cody this past weekend! Maybe my next post will have to do with a 4-legged furry Syler joining the family! :)

We are also finally getting an estimate for a front security/screen door! I've wanted one since moving into our house. However, we have an arched doorway and that has made things difficult. We did find a company though and have an appointment for a free estimate next week! So excited! And we are finally going to get a new back sliding screen door as well! Our current one has been horrible for about two years. The wheels are totally broken and the frame is bent! Trying to open and close it just right has made going out to the back yard a bit of a chore. I made Jay promise that before we got a new dog, we would get a new back sliding screen door because I didn't want to go crazy trying to let the dog in and out of house! We are also having some plumbing issues in our Master Bathroom finally get fixed as well! And I've been crazy busy cleaning and organizing closets and different parts of the house.

My hope is that with some major things checked off the list I can really relax during the month of July to give me the best chance of making this whole thing work!! So that's what happening with the Syler family right now! Fingers crossed! :)

2 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Been thinking of you since I awoke this morning to watching Aubri picking her nose on the monitor....not that I associate you with nose-picking, or boogers or....oh forget it! I was just thinking of you. :) Today is a very special and important day and I of course can't get you out of my mind! I am in tears as I type this and I just want you to know how much I love you both and will be praying harder than I ever have before, for you. Sending you lots of love from CA, friend. :)

The Solomon Fam said...

Woohoo! I hope you have a very relaxing month! Praying things go well! Any chance you will be in SV for the 4th?